The 16th annual PPG Syracuse Nationals, this year presented by Fastrac Markets and Your Local Ford Store, will kick off this summer at the New York State Fairgrounds, Friday, July 17, through Sunday, July 19! The event is open to hot rods, muscle cars, classics and customs manufactured in 1980 and before.
The Syracuse Nationals, which started as an idea in the summer of 1999, has grown each year since its record-setting debut in July 2000, when more than 4,300 vehicles filled the facility with bright-colored hot rods and sounds of roaring engines. In 2014, the PPG Syracuse Nationals drew more than 88,000 people and 8,022 classic cars, from 30 states and three Canadian provinces, to the Fairgrounds making it one of the largest Auto Shows in the country!
Highlights for the 2015 Syracuse Nationals:
· Celebrity appearances by Kenny Youngblood, one of the most prolific artists in the car field; Steve Magnante, former technical editor of Hot Rod magazine, former member of the cast of “Hot Rod Magazine TV” and former host of “Classic Car Restoration” on DIY Network; the cast of “Shift and Steer,” a live podcast that features a variety of automotive programming that focuses not only on the performance automotive industry, but also on the human experience and the passion that drives all enthusiasts; and Candy Clark, who starred as Debbie Dunham in the film “American Graffiti.”
· More than 400 automotive-related vendors and manufacturers.
· A Women’s World, consisting of more than 50 non-automotive-related vendors and exhibitors, will be held in the Art & Home Center.
· Syracuse Mini Nationals, a model car contest, will be held in the Center of Progress Building’s North Wing. The contest area will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. All models must be registered by 4:30 p.m. on Saturday. Prizes will be awarded at noon Sunday.
· This year, the “Garage Gear Giveaway” will be awarded at the end of the PPG Syracuse Nationals to one lucky car registrant. The winner will have his or her garage equipped with the latest and greatest hand tools, power tools, cabinets and more.
· American Muscle Sunday will be held again on Sunday, July 19. Owners with vehicles newer than 1981 will be allowed to display their cars at the Fairgrounds Sunday only. Registration will take place at Gate 7 from 7 to 11 a.m. on Sunday.
· Fifteen bands and disc jockeys will perform throughout the weekend on two stages.
Advance-sale discount tickets for the PPG Syracuse Nationals are available from June 15 until July 16 at participating Fastrac Markets locations. One-day adult tickets cost $18 at the gate, or $13 with a $5 presale discount. Children’s tickets (ages 6 to 12) are $8 at the gate, or $6 with a $2 presale discount. Children 5 and under receive free admission. Parking is free at the event.
For more information on the 2015 PPG Syracuse Nationals, and a full schedule of events, or to register a vehicle for the event, call 800-753-3978 or visit www.syracusenationals.com or “Like” Syracuse Nationals on Facebook and follow @syracusenats on Twitter.
I am giving away a pair of tickets to the Syracuse Nationals! You can enter to win by commenting below what your favorite part of the show is each year (or why this is your first time!).
For additional entries:
* Tweet "I want to win tickets to the @Syracusenats from @MyCNYMommy!" for one entry. and/or,
*Comment on a MyCNYMommy Syracuse Nationals facebook post that you want to win!
Winner will win two tickets to the 2015 Syracuse Nationals show from July 17-19. Tickets will be picked up at Will Call the days of the event. Must be 18 years of age + to enter this giveaway. Giveaway ends on 7/10/15 at 5pm EST. Winner will be announced that evening.
Giveaway is sponsored by the Syracuse Nationals.
That's it! Good Luck and we will see you at this year's show!
*Please support this site by using the links provided. Thank-you!
Don't want to miss the Daily Deals, Freebies and More? Subscribe NOW it's free!